Wednesday 19 August 2009

A Herrick Update

Wed 19 Aug 09

So I am over halfway through my tour no and it has been quite a ride. We spent a month covering OP PANCHAI PALANG (Panther’s Claw) with the Light Dragoons Battlegroup and also 2 Royal Welsh. My footage was shown everywhere and I still see some of it and Sky and the BBC now. We have covered the voting registration and a Shura to which Governer Mangal came to.

We have spent time in FOB Price and its outlying areas around Gereshk such as Spin Masjid and Babaji.

We have been to Sangin to see reconstruction and rebuilding.

We have spent time with the Medical Emergency Response Teams and saw how casulaties, both soldiers and native Afghans are dealt with by flying them by Chinook back to Camp Bastion for treatment.

I have also been in the Manchester Evening News and was interviewed by BFBS Radio yesterday.

See links below for videos I filmed and published by the MOD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Ji5q3EoMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSh9MklC5U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smg9KAaZ0rQ

Now we are in Lashkar Gah for the Afghan Elections. We don’t know what to expect so we are just cracking on with the Brigade films for Decompression and for the end of the tour.

My wife Joanne is going to see her Maternity consultant today so I hope that goes well for her and our little munchkin Anna doesn’t give her any trouble whilst she is on her own.

I am very much enjoying my tour but I miss my homelife badly. Anna has become a little girl who loves her dolly and is no longer a baby with little wobbly legs. My dog Alfie is pining too. Who would believe a dog can sulk. I cant wait to go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment