Tuesday 15 June 2010

Slimming World Scale Up to Scale Down


I was recently invited by a friend to walk up Slieve Donard with Moira Slimming World group whilst photographing them for a feature for the Slimming World Internal Magazine. I havent walked a fell in ages and as Northern Ireland has no mountains to speak of it should be a breeze.
Or so I thought...


The Mourne Mountains lie in the South East Northern Ireland and Slieve Donard is its highest peak at 2789 ft.

As we drove towards Newcastle I realised I had totally underestimated it. I watched as the peak loomed before me and said "Ooh its bigger than I thought..."


I enjoyed the day overall, the last ascent was a bit cheeky but I was left humbled by the performance of some of the ladies of the group. One was 64!

Enjoy these images from the day...





No comments:

Post a Comment